South-2-The-Pole

Thursday, December 21, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has an experience like this changed me or my perspective on life?

The honest & simple answer is ‘No’.
Why should it?
Yes, I’ll perhaps be ever more conscious about safety issues & vigilant about preparation, but I’ve always be meticulous about this anyway. It certainly isn’t going to stop me taking part in further expeditions. Why should it? I’m very grateful about the eventual outcome but I’m not going to go out & try to save the whales or the world from extinction, as a ‘thank you’. I hopefully may be more tolerant & less serious about certain issues or matters that in the general scheme of things really don’t matter. But I’m not going to start lowering the high standards, expectations & ambitions that I’ve always had on a personal or professional level, because these qualities are part of me & why I do what I do & have done what I’ve done, throughout my life..